Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Surprise in Idaho!

Even though I was with family and friends in Arizona and in Idaho, I missed Nathaniel so much. After the Gurr family reunion he had to go back to do research so we wouldn't see each other for 2 weeks. We would talk all throughout the day and many times we talked at night until 1:30 am which was 3:30 am his time! Also, Evelyn was not sleeping very well at nights too so both Nathaniel and I were not getting enough sleep. One night Evelyn was up from 1:30 -4:00 am and I was not a happy camper. I called Nathaniel at 3:30 am to tell him I was coming home! Since his family reunion was the following week, he offered many ideas two being to drive up to Idaho since his flight to Idaho wouldn't leave for another 5 days or to change his flight to a closer date. I told him no. My in-laws, Rich and Diane, were so patient with me as I rampaged about the previous night. They really helped me to calm down and we changed the sleeping arrangements so Evelyn and I would not be in the same room. So I called him back, told him I was fine and not to worry about me. So we talked throughout the day, he mentioned how he was going to our friend's house to eat dinner then take Shawn (our deaf friend) to the store to buy groceries and then later informed me of all the details that had happened.

Well, in the meantime, Jeremy (Nathaniel's brother), Laurel and Hunter were on their way up to Idaho for the reunion. So at 3:30 am I was in comforting Evelyn who was crying and Nathaniel walks into the room. That was the best, sweetest and most awesomest surprise ever! ( even though it sounds like nails on a chalkboard Nathaniel had been traveling all afternoon and night to be in Idaho with me!! Yeah... I felt pretty special...What's really awesome about this is that Nathaniel is not very spontaneous at all. Everything is not just planned out, they are carefully planned out so everything has a purpose and meaning. So this was a big thing! So now looking back on it, I am sooo grateful for a Heavenly Father with a crazy sense of humor and for my little Pearl who cried for 2 1/2 hours so I could be with my husband. :)

No comments: