Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Grace Michelle Dodds

Grace Michelle Dodds was born at 9:57 AM central time today. She weighs 8 lbs 2 ounces and has brownish hair. Her hair is 1/2" long on top. We named her Grace because Stacey and I love the name, and because of the Grace of God. Her middle name Michelle is after her aunt Brionna Michelle.

Stacey has been having contractions for months. They have been worse for the last week. Tuesday night she was up a lot with contractions, and at 4 AM she started active labor. She was craving biscuits with tuna gravy so I made it. That was a mistake, since she threw it up later. We went to the hospital at 6 AM and Stacey was dilated to 7 cm. After 3 hours Stacey got an epidural, and she's very glad she did. Once she got it she took a 30 minute nap, and when she woke up the baby was ready to be born. Three pushes and she was done.

Stacey's friend Christy came to help with the labor and delivery. She also doubled as our photographer and got a lot more pictures than I could have. Thanks Christy!




Stacey taking a nap through transition. Her advice: "Get the epidural!"







One of the best parts of the epidural was that Stacey was able to enjoy the delivery. With Evelyn she was in so much pain she wasn't very happy with the stinkerbug, and it took a while to get attached. We loved Grace instantly.


Here's a video of Evelyn and Grace meeting for the first time.




Evelyn figuring out that a baby is a person. She's laying it on pretty thick in this video, probably because she heard me say that we're only keeping the cuter of the two kids. It's gonna be a tough decision.





This is one of my favorites because Evelyn is smiling at Grace, and Grace is making a face that I'll consider to be a smile back at Evelyn.


11 comments:

ChristyLou said...

Thank you guys so much for letting me be a part of Grace's Birth. It was one of the most spiritual, sweet, amazing experiences I've ever had. Grace is absolutely beautiful. I'm so glad that she's safely here and that the birth was so wonderful. Stacey, you are my HERO, and Nathaniel, you are an amazing labor partner. Way to go you guys!! Congrats to all of you. Luv ya!!

Laurel said...

Congrats! She sure it tiny! Way to go!

Krissa said...

Oh she is so cute!!! CONGRATS!!!! I have been thinking of you and maybe this is why...haha....I will email you soon...She is adorable and I love the video and the pictures....So precious!!!!

Jeff and DeeAnna said...

She is really cute. Congratulations! I just happen to think about looking to see what was up out in Tenn. Good timing. I bet Evelyn is excited. Look forward to more pics.

ChristyLou said...

Oh, I just love that video of Evelyn kissing Stacey's tummy. So sweet. You guys have such darling little girls. Can't wait to see them both again...and their studly mama!

The Gurrs said...

WE love Grace already! Evelynn is such an adorable Big sis. Those two are gonna be best friends. We wish we were there, and miss you all so much . love, Adam and Ruth and The Trio.

Unknown said...

Oooh my goooodnes! Those videos just melted my heart! You have done such an awesome job with Eve!! They are both soo gorgeous!!
Congratulations! I can't wait to meet her!! :)

Lori and Trevor said...

congrats Stacey!! She was exacly a pound bigger than my baby. Preston and Melanie had there baby the same day as you.Thats funny. She is so cute and so is Evelynn. And way to go to Nathaniel for making biscuits and gravy! Even if she threw it up. My hubby wouldnt have a clue how to make that.

Kelly said...

She is beautiful. Congratulations! We hope you are doing well.

Haleybug said...

Congratulations on Grace!!! She's sooo cute! on a side note Shannon Giles Checketts needs to return something to you and needs some contact info. You can find both of us on facebook. Or just email me and I'll give her the info. jhcarditaclan@hotmail.com Congrats again you guys make some cute little girls!!!

Unknown said...

Congrats! We are excited for you guys. That is one big baby though! Im hoping mine is more on the 6pound side of things. I have a feeling that will not be the case however.