Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Adjusting

Here are a few more pictures.

Life will never be the same again. Evelyn kept us up until 3 am last night. Stacey is a lot more patient than I am. Stacey was hoping to not be a pacifier-using family; that goal lasted almost one whole night. Evelyn has slept all day today; apparently it's common to take a couple weeks to get onto a day-night schedule, and simply keeping her awake during the day will make her cranky but won't correct the sleeping schedule. We got out of the hospital last night at 7 pm, and it has been really nice to rest at home. Hospitals are no place to recover.

Deanna has helped us so much, I haven't eaten so good in a long time, I feel like I'm back in Blackfoot. Stacey is recovering well, her uterus is shrinking back very fast and she's sore, but she's moving around. She's learned to breastfeed really well, and from the diapers I've been changing I'd say Evelyn is getting plenty to eat.

Evelyn is so sweet. We still feel like we're just babysitting and that her parents owe us bigtime, but we love her.

No comments: